Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Inspiration and Updates

Everyone is inspired-inspired by someone, somewhere and by something. I knew a woman once. She was everything to me. But more than anything, she inspired me. She inspired me to be a better person, to love, to be graceful, to appreciate good music and so many more things. She was my Aunt Zaphy. Not related by blood-just by spirits. I could talk to her about anything, and no matter what the circumstance, she turned it into a teachable moment, or a blessing. I could go on forever about what she was to me and why she meant to be what she did-but I won’t. A year ago, on October 15, 2008, I lost my Zaphy. And my life was turned upside down and has pretty much stayed that way. Not because I am still mourning, but because her death even inspired me. It inspired me to grow, to learn often, to love harder and to take risks. To start this very business-as a matter of fact. So here I am-growing, learning, loving and taking risks. I miss and love her with all my heart, but I choose this day to be grateful for a life that taught me so much, and for that I am so grateful.

On a photography note-I am still here! My lack of posts makes my little heart sad-but this semester has been nuts! If I’m not working, I am at school, if I am not there I’m doing homework, and if I’m not doing homework I’m trying to see Ryan and my friends and family in the short time that I have off. I am trying to be better, just bare with me for a bit! To prove it, I am going to post a few pics from one of my latest shoots.

This is Brandi and Brett. They got married a few months ago and Brandi needed some Bridals and wanted to give the Day-After Session a shot. I was so excited!! This really was so much fun and I can’t wait for you to see them. Thanks Brandi and Brett for being so understanding with my crazy busy schedule!


Dear Brandi-you're adorble. Love, Caitlin









I couldn't decide which of the next two I liked better...








Coming soon-my favorite Kellum family! My best friend has a huge and wonderful family that I got to shoot this last Saturday and they turned out so great! Can’t wait for you to see them!
Grace.Peace.Beauty. INSPIRATION
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment