Monday, August 10, 2009

kate and ryan

It starts when we are young. As little girls, we dress up in white dresses, and buy Wedding Barbie, and make her marry Ken-the perfectly handsome and most practical man there is-and then they live happily ever after in their giant mansion and have fabulous children that all turn out flawless. These ideas start out perfect, and then we begin to grow up and the first guy (or girl) that crushes our heart crushes our ideas right along with it. We think that it was all a lie. No man is as perfect for me as Ken was for Barbie.

As we grow, the tables turn. Soon enough, the thought slips back in our mind that maybe our lives can be somewhat picture perfect. You see a couple that could not be happier. You can't imagine them more in love that they are at that very second. And then it all comes back. The hope that love really is all you need. And that real love does exist.

That is what I see in Kate and Ryan-and I met them the day I shot their wedding. They had a beautiful backyard wedding in Kate's childhood home, and it could not have been more perfect. Kate just radiated with love for him and Ryan was so thrilled to accept that. In the few short hours I was amazed, and encouraged. I was a second shooter this go-round with my good friend Kirby and it was a nice change for a weekend.














She made this adorable little clip herself!














































































Awesome band they had after the wedding...










So cute.







Thank you, Kate and Ryan for letting me be a part of your amazing day and for sharing your oh so sweet love with the world.

Grace Peace and Beauty to you all.
-caitlin

1 comment:

  1. so much fun!!! I am so glad we got to do this together- lovely my dear!

    ReplyDelete