Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Life and Birthdays.

Everyone has one. It is one of the best days of the year. There is cake, and not just any cake but white sheet cake with really fattening, sugar infested, kill a diabetic kind of icing. You have your loves around to celebrate, and get a bazillion comments on your facebook wall, due to that awesome and friendly reminder that they have. Yes, darlings it is your birthday. All day yesterday, I waltzed around singing “IT’S MY BIRTHDAY!” and using the excuse to eat poorly and indulge in any and every dessert I could get my hands on. It was by far, one of the most blessed birthday’s I have ever had. It reminded me how much God has given me.

If you know me, you know that I love birthdays. Not just my own, but anyone’s because they are so much fun, you get cake, and you get to celebrate the amazing year that has just passed and the blessed year to come. Here are a few pictures to share, and a few “thank you’s” along the way…
This was one of the most delicious cakes I have ever had. You say, “Why? It’s just a cake?!” Yes, but it is the kind of cake I ate as a kid. Not the “healthy” whipped icing or the “sophisticated” tart, but we are down to the nitty gritty birthday cake…. I’m going to pull a Rachael Ray here and say “Yuummo!”



More Dessert…



My support system. I notice that any successful person has one of these. Someone to fall back on when your load is too heavy, or someone to laugh with, cry with, or maybe just sit with. These are them, and my life would fall to pieces without them.



My sweet boy. I love him more every day, and can’t imagine going a day without his goofy, sarcastic, and down to earth self. He keeps me grounded. He reminds me not to eat too much so I will still fit in dessert. He loves me when it’s not easy. He challenges me quietly. He gently pushes me to be better every single day, and I adore him for it all.



My Anna. She is always there to make me laugh. No matter how mad, irritated, or sad I am she cracks me up. She always understands and empathizes while still pushing me to do the right thing. She is so adventurous (well comparatively speaking to me, anyway). She is without a doubt the best best friend a girl could have!



At the restaraunt we ate at, if it's your birthday they will bring out this giant sombrero and play the macarana and sing happy birthday REALLY LOUD, I loved it :)



Presents never hurt to make the day a little brighter…especially not when it’s a Shootsac, by Jessica Claire!



Last, but not least, I want to thank my parents. (She begged me not to post a picture) They made my day amazing, and I think I only saw them for an hour and a half. They are so much of who I am, and I love them with all that I am!

I hope you are all having a great week, and check back for some fun updates soon!
Grace. Peace. Beauty.
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment